The word ergonomics came from the Greek language. The word “Ergon” in Greek means work while “nomoi” means law or rule. Interestingly people often believe that ergonomics is the latest trend that has been the talk of the town. However, it is not. Ergonomics have been applied since our ancestors.
We are currently leading an unhealthy environment due to which almost everyone is facing trouble. In fact, our ancestors and grandparents always maintained postures and look after their health.
Nowadays, everyone’s primary concern is related to health. Therefore, today, in this blog, we have mentioned down how you can develop the ergonomics in daily life.
Before we get into the details, let us first understand why you need ergonomics in daily life.
Why Ergonomics is Necessary for Daily Life?
The reason to understand ergonomics in daily life is to prevent the injuries and other strains taking over. It helps you in becoming more comfortable and flexible. All you need is to commit to a few changes, postures, and other techniques for ergonomics in daily life.
Three Things To Get The Ergonomic Body
- Movement – You need to keep moving. By doing so, there will not be any stiffness involved in the body.
- Strength – You need to develop strength that acts as a shield to protect from any harm and keeps you healthy.
- Flexibility – The body needs to be flexible enough to prevent the injuries. The ligaments, muscles, and joints have to be flexible.
How to Develop Ergonomics in Daily Life?
To develop ergonomics in daily life, you need to make little changes in the daily schedule. In the below-written blog, we have written down the points to follow.
1. Sitting and Standing in Office
Often the employees complain that they have backache, wrist strain, and injuries while sitting in continuous position for hours. By sitting consistently for hours, your body becomes stiff due to which there are many problems.
Ensure that you sit straight. The hips should align with the knees. Also, do not bend or slouch during work. If you feel that way, take a walk in between or perhaps use sit-stand workstation.
2. Lifting Technique
Everyday something falls off from our hands or maybe we have to lift it up. But, did you know that by bending down, you are becoming prone to back injuries?
Well, here’s the correct way of doing it:
- Don’t bend from the waist.
- Keep your back straight.
- Bend from the knees.
- And then lift the item with the help of your legs.
3. High Heels
Again, this may some astonishing but high heels are harmful and injurious to your back and spine. Often they end up creating an unusual posture due to which it directly affects your spinal cord. The chances of osteoarthritis increases due to high heels. Therefore, shift to the shoes rather than high heels.
4. Mobile Phones
When you continuously held the mobile phones, tablets, and other devices for a long duration then it is considered a sign of bad posture. It affects and shoots pain through your wrist followed by the arm.
Must Read: 6 Signs You Are Addicted to Your Cell Phone
Benefits of Ergonomics in Daily Life
- Recovers breathing and blood circulation in the body
- Prevents the injuries
- Enhances your posture to a healthy image and of course appearance
- Decreases stress
- Relieves the pain and stiffness in joints
- Maintains the alignment among the bones
- Even after using techniques, postures, and all the methods – you do not notice a change or perhaps feel at ease, then it’s time to consult a physiotherapist. By doing so, you are able to become take the correct and necessary steps required for it.
- He or she will listen to all the problems and symptoms you are facing thereby giving you an ultimate solution to the injury.
Being ergonomic in daily life isn’t only about getting the types of equipment or accessories. There’s much more to it. Moreover, that is about developing postures and implying techniques in the routine. It will not happen overnight but gradually with the passage of time, you shall notice changes in your body that will develop ergonomics in your daily life.